The VPN market is constantly growing and, according to what experts say, it should reach $69.2b by the year of 2025. As personal privacy and security is becoming a bigger and bigger concern each day, VPNroom.com prepared a deep VPN market research.
If you are not familiar with what a VPN means, those three letters stand for Virtual Private Network. VPNs are servers that allow you to access the internet safely and more importantly, privately.
It accomplishes this by routing your Internet Service Provider (ISP) to another server. Basically, it conceals your online activity and location and you would want that for many reasons.
There are many VPN providers, but if you are really looking for a reliable one, we suggest you to take a look at the best VPN providers in 2020.
Before diving into our VPN research, here are the main points of what might be an interest for each internet user or a VPN enthusiast:
– ExpressVPN receives the most website traffic from all of the VPN providers (total 215.1M per year). The second most popular VPN provider is NordVPN, which received “only” 115.1M visits per year (according to similarweb.com data).
– NordVPN has the biggest traffic value among all the VPN providers (total organic traffic worth is $3.3M). ExpressVPN, who received almost twice bigger amount of visits is in second place with the traffic value of 2M. The traffic value is calculated by the total amount of organic keywords + positions in each geo around the world.
– ExpressVPN is leading in terms of paid visits per year. According to our sources, ExpressVPN received around 9.01M paid ad clicks per year, which is around 4.1% of their total traffic.
– NordVPN is the biggest spender when it comes to PPC (paid per click) advertising. According to their TOP10 branded keywords and their prices, the provider should’ve spent around $413k per year. Although they received fewer clicks than ExpressVPN, it means that their branded keywords (keywords where their brand is mentioned in any form) are more expensive than any other VPN provider.
– Only four out of the ten most popular and reviewed VPN providers are based outside the 5/9/14 eyes jurisdiction alliance. – The oldest VPN is Hotspot Shield, which was founded in 2005. The newest is Surfshark, which was founded only a little bit more than a year ago in 2018.
– Only three out of ten VPN providers have official privacy and “zero-logging” audit.
- Best VPN for Tor
- Best Torrent Sites
- Speed Up your VPN
- Ivacy VPN
- Best VPN Services
- Mistakes to Avoid when Buying Proxies
- Best Web Hosting
- PIN Security Basics
- Internet Security Basics
The post VPN Industry Report 2020 (Infographic) appeared first on Nigeria Technology Guide.